January 2015 – Present, San Francisco Bay Area
Assistant Reporting Manager
August 2014 – January 2015 (6 months)
Prepared and presented company 10-K: Assisted in drafting and editing of annual report 10-K, which is required by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and gives a comprehensive summary of a company’s financial performance.
Prepared successful plan of compliance for NYSE, and assisted in preparing a plan of compliance for company at risk of being delisted by the New York Stock Exchange.
October 2013 – September 2014 (1 year)
Wrote and edited weekly blog content focused on developing a trusted and reliable brand presence for the company’s future projects.
Special Publication Coordinator
January 2014 – May 2014 (5 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Researched and identified potential nominees for the 2014 Most Influential Women in Business awards publication. Organized hundreds of nominations, and worked closely with more than 100 honorees and their representatives to compile profiles for the publication.
August 2013 – January 2014 (6 months) San Francisco, California
Fact-checked interviews, articles, and info graphics for print and online magazines. Attended and participated in editorial meetings. Wrote daily content for Green Life and Explore blogs, and conducted interviews for print edition of Sierra magazine.
August 2012 – June 2013 (11 months)
• Client-facing project researcher for companies such as Audi, Microsoft, and Nokia
• Helped write and edit research finding into compelling, sharable narratives (books, decks, films)
• Presented deliverables at client meetings
January 2011 – March 2012 (1 year, 3 months) Santa Cruz, CA
Worked on the staff of the UC Santa Cruz newspaper of record as a copy editor, reporter, editor-in-chief and ultimately publisher, from 2008-2012
• Edited all weekly printed content and daily web-published content.
• Hired and supervised a staff of approximately 40 writers, editors, photographers, illustrators, copy editors, fact-checkers, design editors, ad sales staff and business staff.
• Helped to increase advertising through a yearlong project to restructure staff and publication organization following a financial crisis that threatened to shut down the print publication.
Editor-in-Chief, Design Editor
Matchbox Literary Magazine
2009 – 2011 (2 years) Santa Cruz, CA
Led a staff of ten editors in publishing and distributing the only University of California-wide literary/arts magazine
• Reviewed, edited and selected submissions for publications.
• Raised funds for publication budget.
• Promoted the magazine on all UC campuses.
• Designed 2011 issue
2009 – 2010 (1 year)
Wrote daily and weekly news stories distributed to Placer County, CA in a variety of Gold Country Media news publications.